The AMPED line of paddles is Selkirk's latest pickleball paddle technology that combines Power + Control…the two most desired characteristics in a paddle. Previously, Pickleball paddle manufacturers had to design paddles that either had power or control, not both. By focusing on one aspect, they had to sacrifice the other.
Selkirk didn't want to compromise. The Amped series was engineered to amplify both aspects without compromising! It is the ultimate combination of power and control. The Amped series is pioneering an entirely new technology in the Pickleball industry with its FiberFlex Fiberglass face and patent pending thicker X5 polypropylene core. The revolutionary thicker paddle core provides an unparalleled degree of power and control along with many other performance benefits!
With a slightly shorter handle, the S2 boasts the largest sweet spot and surface area of all Selkirk's paddles, making it the Ultimate Pickleball players paddle!
- Larger Sweet Spot: The combination of the X5 core and FiberFlex face creates the largest sweet spot of any of our paddles.
- Vibration Dampening: A very noticeable attribute of the Amped paddle is its vibration dampening. In addition to giving the paddle a very solid feel, vibration dampening may help some players with their tennis elbow.
- Torque Suppression: When a ball hits off center, it tends to cause the paddle to torque or twist, which reduces accuracy. The X5 core reduces this giving the paddle additional control, a more solid feel, and increased ability to block hard drives. These same principles also make the AMPED paddle the ideal choice for playing in the wind.
- Sound: The X5 Core and FiberFlex face are significantly quieter than our previous technologies and it sounds awesome!
- Face Cushioning: The X5 Core and FiberFlex face combine to create a unique improved ability for Amped paddles to cushion the ball to stay on the face longer. This allows the player to manipulate the ball more effectively.
Grip: Selkirk ComfortGrip
Lightweight: 7.7oz Avg
Midweight: 8.2oz Avg
Handle Length: 4.75”
Handle/Grip Circumference: 4.25”